I get to create my first real dance for the stage. (At college level) I have a general idea, I just am wanting to figure out specifics. I'm going to go very psuedo-artsy, research and get super into character.
Here is the my background info:
Growing up, I watched a lot of scary movies that were not intended for children my age. As a result, I'm deathly afraid of scary movies and I'm very paranoid that some crazy killer is after me. I don't over analyze as often as I did when I was younger, but I have spent a great deal of time jumping around corners in attack position ready to fight off some psycho.
Here is my idea:
NOW I wish to make a dance revolving around insane, murderous, horror film likeness and the life it has. Alicia, my co-choreographer is going to take ballerinas, they will be the innocent and the life that every horror film (dance) needs. My plan is to take modern dancers and make them crazy. I want them to be INSANE. I'm not sure where the dance will lead to, if they will kill each other or whether it will be dramatic or abstract. I've been thinking about it today and I'm wondering why people would kill.
Here are my thought on why insane people are the way they are:
1. They hear voices telling them to do it.
2. They are paranoid that everyone is after them.
3. Just plain crazy?
Any thoughts?
I guess I want to do the whole Heath Ledger thing and really get into it and find out what I need to make a dance about psychopathic monsters. (I won't go as far as he did..)
I'm really excited and I know this sounds slightly off for me to be taking on but this is my chance to finally create something. I GET TO DO WHAT I LOVE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- CourtnyJayne
- "There are times in the lives of most of us when we would have given all the world to be as we were but yesterday, though that yesterday had passed over us unappreciated and unenjoyed." -The Happiness Project
I AM SO HAPPY that you get to do this!! You will pull together something amazing. I wannna see a video when it's done!!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so cool!! Soooo excited for you!! I was thinking about other reasons why people kill and I came up with:
ReplyDelete-jealousy
-empowerment (an interesting one)
-self defense
-mental illness
-drug use that causes mental problems?
-hate/rage
-obsession
-other self-righteous reasons: think saw
It seems that most killers pick a specific type of victim to go after (unless it's semi-accidental), so you might want to think about that. What/who does this killer truly hate/obsess about? And why? Ahh haha I'm thinking way into this...sorry...I'm excited for you!
oooh alexis.. thanks so much. I started a dance journal and you got me going! :D
ReplyDelete