Sounds fun. Let's try it :) Maybe I'll use pictures too!
These will take forever to write... I'll find a day to catch up :)
December 1 - One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

(Me. Naked on the bathroom floor. Flu. Definitely gotten better since then..)
If I were to describe my 2010, I would have to go the positive route and go with the word Growth. My goodness, it was such an emotional year! (I'm so thankful for the friends that helped me!) I've dealt with a great deal of depressive emotions in the last five years, and this year, after hitting a new low, I decided to focus on myself by reflecting on my daily happiness. I've learned a lot in the last year, my capacity to love and experience happiness has grown a great deal. I feel like I can be happier and do more than I thought in the past. If you asked me a year ago, I would probably say that I was truly happy and could not be happier. Well by comparing that feeling to today, I can say that I feel a great deal happier than 2009 :) I am so thankful for the year's events. Oh geez! . . . I look forward to 2011 and I hope it will be a fantastic year!
AND...
If I were to guess what word I would describe 2011 with, I would say... Real? I guess my big plans for 2011 consist of student teaching, substituting and hopefully, getting my first real teaching gig! To me, I might actually begin to feel like I am really living life and that I am a real big kid. Or maybe an adult? I'm probably going to have to really support myself (Whoda thunk it?). I will have to be a real live adult and do real grown up things. I think Peter Pan has it right..."To live would be an awfully big adventure."
I think that sounds about right?

No comments:
Post a Comment